This page is a guide for beginning editors on Wikia. If you have any further questions, please leave a message on an Administrator's wall.
Basically, these are basic tips for editing under Source mode that are fairly easy to understand. The slightly harder ones are located closer to the bottom. The Visual mode gives the users WYSIWYG-type of control when editing.
Headers are created by putting text in between repeated equal (=) signs. The more =, the lower level the heading is. The topmost heading contains two equal signs, while the lowest contains 5.
A blank line indicates a paragraph separation. Meanwhile, putting <br> creates a line break, meaning the next line will be placed immediately below said line.
- You can link to an internal page by putting the name or title of that page in double square brackets. i.e. [[Main Page]] becomes Main Page.
- If you want the link to be named differently in an article, you will have to put the page name before a vertical bar (|). i.e. [[Main Page|Home]] becomes Home.
- To link to an external page, put the link in one rectangular bracket on either side. i.e.
which becomes 
- To give the link a different name, put a space after the link and type what you want. i.e.
[http://www.example.org displayed text]becomes displayed text
- To retain the link's URL, type the link with no brackets. i.e.
Put single quote marks around words or phrases for formatting emphasis. Two single quotes, i.e. ''italics'' will create italics.
Three single quotes, i.e. '''bold text''' will create bold text.
- Single quote marks must be used in order for this to work. (')
Create a bulleted list by starting each item with an asterisk (*). Indent a line by inserting a colon (:) before it.
A background's color can be changed by using the following format:
- Step 1:
- Step 2:
- |Color 1 = ANY COLOR
- Step 3:
- |Color 2 = ANY COLOR}}
- Step 4:
ChatTo make the chat box, type <chat></chat> which will create
To make a poll use the following format:
<poll> Name of Poll Answer 1 Answer 2 etc... </poll>This will create:
To make a tabber, use the following format:
Name of Tab=
(Enter Text Here)
Remove the spaces in between each line.
Here is your result:
(Enter Text Here)
Making Code Show Up After Publishing
If you want the code used in your writing to show up, like if you are giving a friend your friend badge code, then simply type <nowiki>Code Here</nowiki>
Floaters are images that "float" on the page, either staying in one spot, following the screen as it scrolls down (fixed), or staying in one location and not moving at all (absolute).
To make a fixed floater, use the following format:
<div style='position:fixed;bottom:0px;left:0px;padding:0;z-index:9002'>[[File:TFP_wiki_logo_3.png|200px|link=Main Page]]</div>
Here is your result: (check left top corner)
- You can change the location by changing top to bottom, left to right, and changing the number of pixels (px). i.e. top:0px to bottom:-15px.
To make a absolute floater, use the following format:
<div style='position:absolute;top:-20px; left:700px;padding:0;z-index:9002'>[[File:TFP_wiki_logo_4smaller.png|200px|link=Main Page]]</div>
Here is your result: (check on top of Recent Wiki Activity)
- You can change the location by changing top to bottom, left to right, and changing the number of pixels (px). i.e. top:-20px to bottom:40px